Trainers & Assessors
In Electrical Trades
PEER is a not-for-profit industry-based Registered Training Organisation (RTO) & Group Training Organisation (GTO) that recruits, trains, develops and employs over 400 of the highest quality apprentices in: electrical, plumbing, data communications, air conditioning and refrigeration fields, as well as providing traineeships in business administration.
Established in 1986, PEER has grown to become one of SA's largest employers in the building and construction related industries.
Every year, PEER provides training to more than 200 school students, up to 500 apprentices and upskills more than 3,500 tradespeople.
About the business and the role:
With a strong local brand and multi award-winning track record, PEER look to the future and how they deliver services that are contemporary, meet industry demand, and meet career expectations of trainees and apprentices. PEER embrace an academy model committed to combining training, coaching and mentoring, as well as delivering the highest level of customer service.
An exciting opportunity has emerged for a Trainer & Assessor to join this dynamic organisation.
The key responsibility for this position, is to deliver trade-based apprentice training and upskilling courses (relevant to your trade qualification) within PEER’s 4 trade areas. The Trainer & Assessor will provide training, guidance, mentoring and coaching to PEER apprentices and PEER industry based customers.
Other responsibilities include:
- Developing resources and continuous improvement of training material
- Developing and maintaining industry relationships and partnerships
- Achieving business unit KPI's, in line with PEER strategic objectives
- Delivering the highest level of customer service
- Contributing to the provision of a safe working environment
Skills and experience:
- Current qualification within your trade (or equivalent)
- Current industry licence or licences for your trade
- Demonstrated current vocational experience and current: Working with Children & National Police Checks.
- Customer service focused
- Proven track record in inspiring, supporting, motivating people and fostering a positive, creative and rewarding culture.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and have experience working within a quality standards framework environment.
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or willing to undertake and complete in the required timeframe.
- Experience within the Vocation Education and Training (VET) industry.
- Working knowledge of LMS and training administrative systems
Tradespeople who are thinking of a career change are encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like you, then we are eager to hear from you, as this is a great opportunity to become part of PEER the organisation, and join with us in making a difference to people's lives.
To apply click on the Apply Now button.
Applications close Friday 3 May 2019.
PEER is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RTO code: 7027
Learn with us, Work with us, Partner with us.
PEER – Trading in success.
No Recruitment Agencies please