Certificate III in Business Traineeship (BSB30115)
About the Company:
PEER provides you with the skills and support you need to kick-start your business career. Learn skills on and off the job, and train with host employers through an academy-based support model that will set you up for success. We’ve spent the last 30 years training the men and women who spend every day building the future of SA.
- Trained over 45,000 people
- Trained over 3,000 apprentices
- 90% apprentice completion rate
- 95% of apprentices employed on completion
- Partnerships with over 250 host organizations
PEER is your best choice to get the skills and support to set you up for life.
About the Role:
This position was created as part of the Government of South Australia’s Skilling SA Public Sector Project. The successful candidate will be employed by PEER and hosted by Department for Innovation and Skills for the duration of their Certificate III in Business Traineeship (BSB30115).
Visit the I Work For SA website to learn more about opportunities for trainees, apprentices and university graduates in the SA Public Sector.
As a Business Trainee, you will receive quality 'on-the-job' training and support throughout your twelve-month Traineeship. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in Business administration.
To be successful in this role, the successful candidate will need to be confident, have an outgoing personality and be able to work under pressure. Knowledge of MS Office and the ability to follow directions are essential.
Off Job Training is provided by our industry partner RTO Code: 40058.
- Business Trainee
- Based in the Adelaide CBD
- 38 hours per week
- 12-month Traineeship
- Full training provided
- Great team environment
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Fast paced environment
- Lots of variety
Duties will be varied and may include:
- Deliver a range of administration functions that support Branch/Unit operations
- Provide a high level of customer service including external stakeholders
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records management system
- Providing accurate information relating to our services
- Undertake minor research activities
- Produce data records (electronic and manual) that are up to date, by accurately preparing and entering new information
- Answer enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Participate and contribute to the Branch/Unit team
- Contribute to the delivery and maintenance of efficient work practice and processes
- Maintain a sound knowledge base of the activities performed within the Branch/Unit
Essential Attributes (Knowledge/Skills/Experience Requirements)
- Ability to effectively communicate, either verbally or written, to a wide variety of customers and colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- High degree of commitment and ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity at all times
- Ability to prioritise and produce quality work under pressure with limited supervision and be able to work cooperatively and successfully in a team
- High level of experience and knowledge across the suite of Microsoft Office applications e.g. Outlook, Word and Excel
- Sound knowledge of records management
- Experience in the delivery of high-level customer service and commitment to personal development and improvement
- Demonstrated positive outlook and drive
- Undertake minor research activities
An eligible candidate for a Traineeship will:
- Be a South Australian resident
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have an appropriate work visa
- Have not completed a Traineeship within the South Australian Public Sector previously, or one hosted by the South Australian Public Sector
- Holds a current Drivers licence
- Has prior office work experience, volunteer work in an office or previous office work employment history an advantage but not essential
- Has excellent academic results
- Will be committed to 12-month Traineeship
- Has excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Has outstanding communication skills
- All Candidates are required to be eligible for SA Public Sector Act Employment Opportunity conditions and must have Eligibility for Re-employment under the SA Public Sector Re-Employment Register
- Current Police Clearance
How to apply:
- Complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button
- Upload resume and cover letter outlining why you would like a business Traineeship
No recruitment agency enquiries
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Previous applicants or those currently undertaking or hold a Certificate III in Business shall not be considered for this position
PEER is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RTO code: 7027